Nov 21, 2013 ON or OFF Airport Suppliers
Is the supplier actually based at the airport? This is a common question we are asked. At Tipoa we display various options at STEP 2 of our three step online booking process.
Down the left hand side menu you will see an option entitled PickupType
click on the + to reveal the options available at your chosen location. You can tick or untick each option, that will shuffle your search results to match your selection(s).
Also to the right hand side of each car type (photo) the pickup type is displayed.PICKUP TYPE TERMINOLOGY EXPLAINEDTerminal rental counter and pickup
- The supplier and the car are located at the airport.Terminal rental counter and shuttle bus to car
- The supplier is based at the airport, but the car is a short bus ride away.Shuttle bus to car
- The supplier and car are off airport and a shuttle bus ride away.Meet and Greet
- The supplier will meet you at arrivals, with your name displayed on a board. Sometimes the car will be brought to the airport or you take a shuttle to the suppliers location.Car with Driver
- In certain countries, for example India, cars are supplied with a driver.
Please note that in most cases, the cheapest car offered, based upon your search criteria will be based off airport and involve the use of a shuttle bus.
In some cases during peak times of the year, a short shuttle ride can be quicker than standing in long rental desk queues at the airport terminal.
To view a larger copy of the image below, click here